Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So You'll Know

If I could, my dear,
I’d shape you like a muse and watch you shift to something else.
If you asked me, darling,
I’d call your blindman’s bluff and hang the hunted hands till dawn.
In a dream, baby,
We’d fall into our bones and play a game of cat and mouse.
Was it you, lover?
Who grinned away the trees and let my idol shine the best?
So you’ll know, sweetheart,
I’ll transplant all my half-blown tears into your blood to see them move.
If I waited, boy,
My sighs would count a thousand years into a speck of salty sea.
If I waited if
I waited
If I
Waited.

6 comments:

Bryan said...

:(

Jay said...

"In a dream, baby,
We’d fall into our bones and play a game of cat and mouse."

That's marvelous writing! Keep up the good work.

~Jay

Alex said...

I really like the tone of this poem.

It feels like it was written in the fifties by stephen merrit.

shannon said...

this is beautiful!

Genevieve said...

Thank you Shannon!

I hope we get to meet sometime.

shannon said...

me too, genevieve, me too. the blogs are a start i guess : )