Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Semen Rolls

I.
Use (bath) salts in the event of nakedness.
I used to be sad sad sad.
But my fat rolls are skin rolls really.
Can you not understand my words?
I said sea minerals.
Semen.
Rolls.


II.
The man said he wasn’t stylish.
Just historical.
He was wearing his father’s ring and silver belt buckle.
I wasn’t listening.
I was pretending my stryrofoam cup was filled with something besides air.
I was pretending that my name was Tallulah, and I had never left South Carolina.

III.
The plastic bear is half full of orange blossom honey.
Do you think I’m an optimist because I said half full?
I’d like to introduce myself based on things you can’t know.
Perhaps I’ll take root behind your smile.

IV.
My father tells me I frown in my sleep.
The young kids took pictures of me with my eyes slightly open.
I will mark this book with a hair stroke.
God damn the sodden wrinkles.
The wrinkling layers of snowdrifts.

V.
I believe in ghosts.
Remember Guy Tudor’s cat?
And the blue woman?
And the face of Pat’s mother?
What about Raisla and Gitla? Esther and Zelig?
Gone
Gone
Gone

3 comments:

Alex said...

this is good.

not like "oh genevieve the fledgling poet little sister character etc etc blahblahblah" good.

but like, this is good. if i had read this someplace else by someone i didn't know, i would still say, "wow, this is good. she/you are excellent."

i am proud.

jess rowan said...

you.
are.
doing.
NAPOWRIMO.
with.
us.

you are ready.

shannon said...

i second jess. NAPOWRIMO. tomorrow. be there.