Friday, February 6, 2009

Spencer Krug Is In My Dreams



Two nights ago, I dreamt that I was at this party at someone's house with some people I didn't know. Spencer Krug was there, and he was going to play a bunch of songs for us. There weren't very many people at the party, and it was a small room, so I got to meet him, and he was very nice. He was also doing a lot of cocaine, which surprised me greatly because somehow I didn't expect Spencer Krug to be a big cocaine fan. Then he announced that he would play the song Samson for us. I didn't remember that it was a Regina Spector song until I woke up. Anyway, I decided to record his performance of Samson because I didn't think any of my friends would believe me when I told them that I was at a party with Spencer Krug where he gave a private show. I was using one of those huge camcorders we had at home when I was growing up. The old kind that rest on your shoulder while you look through the lens. Spencer Krug was kind of making fun of me (in a nice way) for the gigantic camcorder, and I explained to him that I couldn't use the smaller ones because I don't have steady hands. So he was about to sit down at the piano, and he was sort of hitting on me a little, which I found very flattering, but I was prepared to tell him that I had a boyfriend should he try to ask me out. Then he sat down and began to play and sing and it was so lovely.

4 comments:

Bryan Coffelt said...

i would like to be invited to this show, please.

Genevieve said...

I will dream invite you to my next dream party.

Jennifer G. said...

I think you have a problem

Lilly said...

When you are in france you get to do cool things. Cooler things than us stateside. This is what I am taking away, genevieve. Also I kind of miss those giant video recorders. Heart you